When a person suffers from a severe injury or develops a chronic health condition, they are likely to experience impacts in both their personal and professional life. If the individual alleges that their circumstances can be traced back to another party’s negligence, they may choose to pursue compensation through legal action. In such a case, the legal team on one or both sides of litigation may partner with a legal nurse practitioner consultant to gain insight into whether the claim can be supported with evidence.
At Cardinal LifeCare, we offer a network of certified legal nurses who assist attorneys nationwide. For all types of personal injury, we perform thorough case reviews and pinpoint case strengths and weaknesses. Our professionals also provide impartial, evidence-based life care planning and expert witness services. To learn more about the advantages of consulting with us, call 724-487-0519 or continue reading.
Top Legal Nurse Practitioner Consultants
Whether there is an allegation of medical malpractice, failure of an employer to maintain a safe workplace or some other type of negligence, working with a legal nurse practitioner consultant can help to provide clarity on whether the claimant is owed damages and, if so, how much.
Tasks that may be fulfilled by these professionals include:
- Analyzing medical records initially to determine whether the case has merit;
- Performing a more in-depth analysis to establish clinical causality, appraise damages and disprove or support allegations;
- Using TimeMap® and CaseMap® to generate comprehensive and concise reports;
- Correlating claims with medical chronology;
- Identifying and explaining any deviations from standard of care (in cases involving a medical care provider);
- Finding and interviewing expert witnesses with relevant qualifications and knowledge;
- Conducting clinical research and preparing demonstrative evidence;
- Determining case strong and weak points;
- Coordinating and attending the independent medical examination (if needed);
- And more.
Linking the medical and legal worlds, legal nurse consultants provide high-value medical interpretation, analysis and research services for an array of case types, from personal injury to product liability.
Learn How We Can Assist with Your Case
If you are an attorney working on either side of a case related to alleged negligence, look to the licensed registered nurses at Cardinal LifeCare to help you accomplish the best possible results for your client. Based in the Pittsburgh, PA area, we offer our range of case-benefitting services to law firms across the country. To inquire about how we may be able to help with a specific case you are working on, reach out to us at 724-487-0519.