What is Nurse Consulting?
Legal nurse consultants serve as the link between the medical and legal worlds, bringing clarity and clinical experience to the courtroom during a case or trial. Nurse consultants may also offer their expertise to government offices, insurance companies, risk management departments and independent practices. Anyone in need of medical research, interpretation and analysis may call on the specialized services of a legal nurse consultant.
At CARDINAL LifeCare Consulting, we belong to both the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants and the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants. We’re proud to have provided our professional and clinically-based reports to attorneys and adjusters throughout the Pittsburgh area with great success for our clients.
What Kind of Cases Require a Legal Nurse Consultant?
Cases involving medical negligence, breaches of duty and standard of care, or other medical malpractice require the thorough review of a medically-trained expert. We are skilled in evaluating the injuries resulting from alleged malpractice as well as the impact they will have on the individual who sustained them.
Our services for medical malpractice nurse consulting include:
- Merit screening
- Multidisciplinary liability assessment
- Identify breaches of duty
- Interpret and apply medical standards of care
- Discover missing medical records or tampering
- Assistance with interrogatory questioning
- Expert witness location and screening
Whether it be an auto accident, slip and fall, assault and battery or other personal injury case, it’s important that a legal nurse consultant has performed an exhaustive review of the injury and past and present medical records. With our medical expertise, you can quickly and accurately identify the strengths and weaknesses of your personal injury case.
Our services for personal injury nurse consulting include:
- Analysis of medical issues
- Comprehensive medical summary
- CaseMap® utilized for report clarity
- Application of standards of care
- Clinical research
- Pain and suffering reports
Pharmaceutical Litigation / Product Liability / Mass Tort
It’s important that a nurse consultant be able to differentiate between product liability and medical malpractice or negligence. Our licensed RNs are have both the education and the experience to make these kinds of analyses and to also evaluate the effects of medication errors, long-term side effects, improperly prescribed or filled medication, drug recalls and other aspects of pharmaceutical litigation.
Our services for pharmaceutical litigation nurse consulting include:
- CaseMap® utilization
- Initial Analysis and Screening for the Medical Experts Review
- Identify Adverse Events vs. Adverse Outcomes
- Categorization of Key Medical Events
- Track Progress and Critical Details
- NIH, FDA, and CDC research
Nurse Consulting Services from CARDINAL LifeCare Consulting
By engaging CARDINAL LifeCare Consulting, you’ll receive our case winning services, such as:
- Initial medical record analysis to assess cases for merit
- Extensive record review to determine clinical causality, assess damages and to support or disprove allegations
- CaseMap® and TimeMap® utilized to create concise / comprehensive
- Reports, narratives, charts and outlines.
- Prepare chronology of medical events and correlate to claims
- Define multidisciplinary standards of care and regulatory requirements
- Determine, if any, deviation in standard of care
- Identify essential missing information and/or screen for record tampering
- Research and summarize authoritative medical and nursing literature
- Provide education regarding medical facts and relevant issues
- Coordinate and attend IME as necessary
- Provide support with medical portions of discovery, depositions, trial and other legal proceedings
- Assist with exhibits and other demonstrative evidence
- Locate and screen appropriate medical experts based on credentials, experience, and expertise
- Distinguish weakness and strengths from a clinical perspective