To substantiate a personal injury or medical malpractice claim, compelling medical expert witness testimony is key. If you’re an attorney working on a case involving a patient allegedly injured on account of another party’s negligence, you may be wondering how to find medical expert witness services to supplement the case.
At Cardinal LifeCare, we’ve built a robust network of legal nurse consultants with the credentials to deliver evidence-based life care planning and expert witness services. In this article, we’ll outline the characteristics that make for a qualified and trustworthy medical expert witness. For more information on our services, you can reach us at 724-487-0519.
How to Find Medical Expert Witness Services for Injury Cases
In terms of how to find medical expert witness legal nurse consultants to bring clinical expertise to a case you are involved in, here’s what to look for:
- Certification as Professional Legal Nurse Consultants (PLNCs) confirms that nurse practitioners have completed a program giving them an in-depth understanding of medical conditions, treatments, human anatomy and physiology, along with how to interpret medical evidence and structure clear explanations based upon it.
- Membership in the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants and/or the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants suggests that consultants are in accordance with the high standards for professionalism and training promoted by these organizations.
At Cardinal LifeCare, we select nurse practitioners who exemplify excellence and integrity in the range of services they offer. Beyond testifying, consulting and provide litigation support as medical expert witnesses, our licensed legal nurse practitioners can help with:
- Conducting relevant medical research;
- Preparing evidence for trial;
- Analyzing medical records; and
- Finding and screening other relevant medical expert witnesses.
You can also call on our team to compile an objective medical cost projection or comprehensive life care plan outlining a claimant’s current and future care needs as a result of an incident or injury, along with associated costs.
Locate the Right Expert to Assist with Building Your Client’s Case
Whether you are seeking a vocational rehabilitation expert witness, a nursing home expert witness or a specialist in another area pertaining to your client’s case, trust Cardinal LifeCare Consulting to connect you with the right expert. Every practitioner in our network is equipped with the educational background, skills and training needed to turn evidence into convincing supportive testimony during trial or settlement negotiations. Call us at 724-487-0519 to speak with one of our knowledgeable consultants.