Later in life, individuals are more likely to need regular medical care to maintain their health and wellbeing. Elder care case management can be highly beneficial in ensuring an aging senior’s needs are met – especially following an injury or illness. The role of a geriatric care manager is multifaceted and includes everything from creating a short- and long-term care plan to coordinating the patient’s care.
At Cardinal LifeCare Consulting, our network includes credentialed, detail-oriented elder care case managers. To learn about how the services provided by these medical experts can assist elder law firms nationwide, read on or call us at 724-487-0519.
Elder Care Case Management from Cardinal LifeCare
By virtue of their close involvement in a senior’s care, geriatric care managers are equipped with in-depth knowledge of the patient’s current health situation and their entire care history. Thus, in medically related litigation, these professionals can provide highly valuable insight and assistance to elder law attorneys.
Here are a few examples of how an elder care case manager might assist a lawyer working on a personal injury or medical malpractice case involving a senior:
- Providing a clear, up-to-date record of medical treatments received and appointments attended by the elder client — details which can be instrumental in building a persuasive case
- Offering a complete picture of the client’s condition, including a detailed timeline of their progress and recovery
- Serving as a knowledgeable resource on standard of care, in general and as it applies to the client’s specific case
- Providing appropriate care solutions to support the elderly individual, throughout the litigation process and beyond
- Attending to any medical-related questions and concerns the client & their family may have, so that the attorney may remain fully focused on the legal side of the case
In these ways and numerous others, the high level of expertise and patient familiarity afforded by a geriatric care manager can be an enormous asset to an elder law attorney.
Contact Us to Be Connected with an Experienced Elder Care Case Manager
At Cardinal LifeCare, we have access to a vast network of physicians, legal nurse consultants and other medical professionals who are qualified to serve as expert witnesses. In addition to elder care case management, we offer life care planning, life care plan critiques, medical cost projects and other valuable legal medical services. In all that we do, we emphasize objectivity, accountability and dependability.
To discuss how our services may benefit your case with one of our knowledgeable consultants, reach out to us today at 724-487-0519.